Sherman Travel listed the top ten shopping havens in the world. Are you curious to find out what cities made the list? They are:
- Paris, France – home of the famous Eiffel Tower and high-fashion boutiques (or haute-couture in their own language) such as Yves Saint Laurent, Chanel, Givenchy, Prada, etc.
- Bangkok, Thailand – home of famous beaches like Phuket, elephant rides, tuk tuk and Chiang Mai Temple. Also known for cheap clothing and pure gold jewelries.
- Buenos Aires, Argentina –home of Eva Peron where abundant high quality leather goods can be found.
- Copenhagen, Denmark –ranked as one of the top livable cities in the world; known for first-rate glassware and porcelain products.
- Hong Kong, China – home of street markets, designer boutiques and mega malls where you can find anything from jade to silk and electronics.
- London, UK – home of the Queen and Harrods; a haven for lovers of antiques, teas, biscuits and cheeses.
- Los Angeles, California – home of Rodeo Drive, Melrose Avenue, The Grove, Americana, Promenade and Santee Alley.
- Marrakech, Morocco – a place where you can bargain for colorful clothing, jewelries, lanterns and carpets.
- New York City, NY – home of the Statue of Liberty, Madison Square, Central Park, Bryant Park and Broadway.
- St. Barth’s, Caribbean – home of duty-free shops, 200-plus boutiques and locally handwoven products.
Out of these ten cities, I have only been to Bangkok, Hong Kong and of course, LA. Have been planning to go to New York for a long time but still has to materialize. One city that I’ve been to, is missing from this list. Guess which one? Of course… Manila, Philippines which is known for SM Mega Mall and Mall of Asia, Greenhills, Rockwell, Ayala, Robinsons, etc. My shopping haven though, is not in these malls, but in Divisoria, Baclaran, Quiapo and our local tiangge in Bulacan.
Tara, Shopping na tayo!!!